Well folks here we are, Friday again, the end of the work week, weekend upon us, everyone’s happy! Well, except for those of us with a first world problem. Continue reading “Friday First World Problems”
This week we discuss the 2 year anniversary of Harambe’s murder. We then talk about #Cavs doing #WhateverItTakes yet again to win the East, and how we think they will do moving forward. Drunk Thoughts makes a return with possibly our best question to date and of course our normal segments! Cheers!
There are two types of muscle contractions
Isotonic which is a voluntary muscle contraction that causes movement
Two types of isotonic are concentric and eccentric
Concentric – the muscle shortens as it works
Eccentric – the muscle lengthens as it works
Isometric which is a voluntary in which no movement occurs
For example, when you curl a dumbbell and hold it at 90 degrees
Cooler – they are average
– work at 9, show up at 9
Closer – level above the cooler
– can do things as long as they don’t face too many variables
Cleaner – get the results no matter what
– do it many times
– can elevate the individuals around
– Set unrealistic goals and expect to achieve them
Is it our excellent fashion sense, our flawless technological skills? Maybe it’s our uncanny ability to navigate social media without using only our pointer fingers, I don’t know… Continue reading “Why Are Millennials Blamed For Everything?”
1. More than 1/3 of adults and over 12.5 million children and teens in the US are obese. In the last 30 years, obesity in children and teens has nearly tripled.
2. One can of soda contains 10 teaspoons of sugar and the average American adult drinks 500 cans of soda every year, estimating about 52 pounds of sugar consumed in soft drinks alone.
3. In a survey of 9th through 12th graders in 2011, 13.1% of the teens admitted to skipping breakfast in the past 7 days, while 11.3% had drunk 3+ servings of soda per day in the same time frame.
Most people struggle with losing that belly fat. It’s not an easy task, and it takes a lot of dedication to do it.
Exercise isn’t the only thing you must do when you are shooting for this goal. Nutrition is the WAY!
What are you eating? How are you eating?
Nutrition is 80% of the workout. So if you are smashing the gym 5 days a week, but are eating bad 5-7 days a week than you won’t reach your goal. You might see some results but they won’t be the results you want.